- 1 Mallorca and the weekly markets
- 2 Most beautiful Mallorca markets
- 3 When you can visit the markets in Mallorca
- 4 You will find these products in the markets of Mallorca
- 5 The different markets in Mallorca
- 6 Our Mallorca markets recommendations
Mallorca and the weekly markets
Mallorca’s markets are a very special part of the Mallorcan culture. It has always been typical for families to go to the market to buy what they need for their daily lives, as well as all kinds of utensils such as household goods, clothes, tools and even farm animals.
This tradition of going to the market has not yet been lost on the island. It is normal to meet many people in the markets and there are many visitors to the island of Mallorca who are interested in this and there is not a single day when there is not a market on the island.
In our blog we present you with all the information about the markets on Mallorca and introduce you to their characteristics so that you can experience and feel the island’s markets.
If you want to rent a finca in Mallorca, you will find a wide range of fincas and holiday homes on our website.
Most beautiful Mallorca markets
In this list we show you the best markets of Mallorca. Do not miss the opportunity to get to know them, and if you do not have time to visit them all, we will introduce them here.
When you can visit the markets in Mallorca
Mallorca’s markets usually start early in the morning and are usually held in the morning and can be visited all year round. However, there are markets that take place in one place in summer and in another place in winter. This is because during the summer season the number of visitors increases and more space is needed: There are some markets like the night market in Puerto de Alcudia that take place at night. In the island Mallorca, one can visit a market every day and in some cities as Alcudia, the market takes place two days a week. In this list you will find all the markets you can visit in Mallorca, with the days on which they take place.
Caimari, Calvià, Lloret de Vistalegre, Manacor, Mancor de la Vall, Montuïri.
Palma: Plaça Major (craft market, except January and February)
Alcúdia, s’Alqueria Blanca, s’Arenal, Artà, Campanet, Galatzó, Llubí, Pina (Algaida), Porreres, Portocolom (Felanitx), Santa Margalida.
Palma: Can Pastilla, Pere Garau, Santa Catalina.
Andratx (los no festivos), sa Cabana (Marratxí), Capdepera, Colònia de Sant Jordi, Llucmajor, Petra, Port de Pollença (Pollença), Santanyí, Selva, Sencelles, Sineu, Vilafranca.
Palma: s’Arenal, es Coll d’en Rabassa, Son Roca.
S’Arenal (Llucmajor), Ariany, Calonge (Santanyí), Campos, Consell, Inca, Pòrtol, Ses Salines, Sant Joan, Sant Llorenç des Cardassar.
Palma: Can Pastilla, Pere Garau, Santa Catalina.
Algaida, Binissalem, Can Picafort, Inca, Llucmajor, Maria de la Salut, es Pont d’Inca (Marratxí), Son Carrió, (Sant Llorenç des Cardassar), Son Ferrer (Calvià), Son Servera.
Palma: Plaça Major (craft market)
Alaró, Badia Gran (Llucmajor), Búger, Bunyola, Cala Rajada (Capdepera), Campos, Costitx, Esporles, s’Horta (Felanitx), Lloseta, Magaluf (Calvià), Manacor, Portocolom (Felanitx), Santa Eugènia, Santa Margalida, Santanyí, Sóller.
Palma: Baratillo (avenidas), Pere Garau, Santa Catalina, Son Ferriol, Plaça Major.
Alcúdia, Consell, Felanitx, Inca, Llucmajor, Muro, Sa Pobla, Pollença, Portocristo, Santa Maria, Valldemossa.
You will find these products in the markets of Mallorca
There is a wide variety of products in the markets of Mallorca. Products with designations of origin such as sobrassada or butifarrón (Mallorcan sausages), different types of goat and cow cheeses, different types of olives and nuts and, of course, a large quantity of fruit and vegetables. Mallorcan wine should not be missing from a Mallorcan market, nor should olive oil.
Majorcan markets offer visitors not only food, but also natural cosmetic products such as natural soaps, aloe vera products, handmade candles and many other handmade products.
Do not forget the typical souvenirs such as T-shirts and caps and all kinds of clothing. In some markets in the interior of the island like Sineu you can even find farm animals. Horses, sheep, chickens, birds……. In this market you can find almost everything.
The different markets in Mallorca
There are different types of markets on the island. There is a typical tourist market like Can Picafort or Cala Ratjada, where there are other shops selling souvenirs, clothes and jewellery. It must be said that the type of clothes sold in these markets are not the best brands, but sometimes you can find interesting things.
Second-hand markets like Santa María, where you can find real relics…..
The markets of the villages in the interior of the island are usually the most typical and smallest, because they are far from the coast, less visited by tourists, but not without losing their special charm.
Our Mallorca markets recommendations
- Visiting a market is not a great adventure with many challenges, but it is always useful to follow a few tips before visiting a market in Mallorca:
- Wear comfortable and light clothes, e.g. shorts and a T-shirt / sleeveless T-shirt. It is very hot in the summer months.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- It is hot, very hot in July and August. Both in the covered area and outside. Protect yourself from the heat. Use a peaked cap, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- If you run out of space to take your shopping with you. You will always find a suitable backpack, basket and a sufficiently large bag.
- There are beverage stands everywhere. You do not have to take anything with you.
- Bring enough cash. Most vendors do not accept credit cards, and ATMs will make you give up shopping.
- Watch out for pickpockets! Strangers can spoil their August here.
- If you get up early… doesn’t get heatstroke. And avoid the concentration of people and the chaos that forms in the afternoon.
- Use the free maps we provide at the information stands.
- Try to mark reference points. That way you will not get lost. You will probably pass the same place several times, or you will believe it several times in exactly the same place.
Do not miss the markets of Mallorca. You will certainly find something in some of them that will surprise you.